Monday, March 23, 2009

Abinet's 3rd Birthday!

Well....my little boy is growing up! I can't believe how much things have changed this first year. When Abinet turned two, we had cake for him and he spit it out because he had never had cake before and he didn't like the taste of icing. This year...he didn't spit out anything and he knew this day was ALL about him!I decided to so a Spider Man/Super hero theme for his birthday. Mesele was Batman, Abinet was Spider Man and all the girls came as their favorite Princess.

One of the games was to find all the monsters downstairs and "web them" with Silly String! It was so cute to see them on the hunt and this is just a little indicator of what my basement looked like after the hunt was done!
Abinet had loads of fun and I'm so glad that he was able to enjoy and understand this birthday! He blew/spit out the candles and posed for endless pictures!
I just wish he would stay little, but when I asked him if he wanted to stay 2 years old he said an emphatic NO! I asked him if he would stay 3 years old forever and ever, and with a sweet little smile he said, "Yes!"
(i have a feeling that answer will change by next March....)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ABINET! You are loved by so many people!
(especially mommy and daddy!)

1 comment:

cjoyunger said...

So exciting! Wow, you've been parents for over a year now - God is so good and I'm so proud of you both for your patience and courage that resulted in such a wonderful blessing in the form of those wonderful little boys!