Monday, October 27, 2008

Case of the Missing Tooth!

Well, Mesele has lost his first tooth already! He is quite proud of the empty spot in his mouth and will proudly show it off to whoever is willing to stop and look. About a week ago, he was eating a crab apple and that was enough to loosen the tooth just a little bit. At first it seemed that the tooth would stay there for a long time yet, but this little man wiggled and wiggled it until it FINALLY came out!Once it was loose enough, he pulled it out himself. Now I have a little tooth sitting in my room and I guess it's time to bring the Tooth Fairy into the picture. (Any ideas as to how much money you give for a first tooth?) He's just growing up TOO quickley!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just adorable!!!!! Once a tooth gets loose in Damian's mouth, he just goes to town wiggling it til it comes out...his one top tooth has been missing a LONG time, and no sign of the adult one coming yet....??? pretty sure it wasn't quite ready...oh well. One less tooth to brush, right? hee hee! I always got a quarter growing up, but 'they' tell me that's super cheap these days! Ha! The tooth fairy gives Damian a loonie usually, or a dollar in change...he doesn't know the difference, so if I gave him five coins (that weren't pennies, I think he gets the concept of pennies....), I think he'd be happy.....I've also heard people who give according to how 'bad' it was for the kid, but I've also not heard of too many horror stories about kids losing teeth....I don't know. ;) Good luck, and have fun! It's a scary thing, hoping they don't wake up, and trying to find the blasted thing under their pillow (esp on the top bunk!!), but it's super fun too! And the tooth fairy forgot Damian's first tooth....talk about feeling like a tool!! Ha! But he forgave her quite quickly and even wrote a note for the next night!!! hee hee! Take care, Cindy! ;)
- Carissa

Sarah said...

Wow! Riley hasn't lost one yet, and he's almost 7!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy. I just had to comment on the tooth incident. When Colby lost his first tooth, I was kinda of finshing around as to how much the other kids were getting from the tooth fairy. He told me he thought about 20 bucks !!. I think not!. Also, the other day we were talking about santa and how he knew that there was no santa. But regarding the tooth fairy - she had to be real because there is NO WAY I could put money under his pillow and not have him wake up. They are so cute. Take care of those little cutie pies. Shannon