Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"The 2 little Angels Are Getting a Little Tired!"

Map of Africa - they are in Ethiopia.

Map of Ethiopia, they are in Addis, Ababa.




Wednesday, 12:20 pm (9:20pm Addis time)


As I talk with Cindy, I hear Mesele crying in the background. They have had another long, tiring (but fun) day. And Mesele doesn't want to put his PJ's on. (I am thinking the line between being loving, cuddly and comforting, and being firm and in control must be awfully hard to find!)

She asked for lots of prayer as the boys are starting to stretch the limits a bit. Brent was trying to calm and comfort Mesele in the background.

Tuesday - they had gone to see a stone church and a museum - they were really neat. Then to a linen shop where they make beautiful scarves - amazing! They work 8 hours straight without a break.
Then Brent and Cindy and the boys had supper and off to bed.
Wednesday - Brent worked on the Visa's, then went to visit an orphanage where they played with the kids (60 of them) giving them balloons, etc. Brent said some of them were so sick they probably wouldn't make it. Cindy and the boys had stayed back and she was glad that they had as that sight would have been quite depressing. Then the family had a nice supper.

Mesele is kissey and cheery during the day, but as the boys tire they don't care for all of the travel. But Brent and Cindy do want to see and experience as much as is possible of this - their boys heritage and culture, before they leave. Not being able to communicate very well with the boys makes this all the more difficult.

Tomorrow they were hoping to go to the "hot springs" outside of the city. They are looking forward to seeing the countryside, rather than the poor and polluted areas that they have seen so far.
Cindy said she had seen an Internet cafe somewhere and really hoped they could find it again and find the time to go there.

As I was talking to Cindy her voice got stronger and stronger. She was saying it was hard to get over her cold. They are looking forward to coming home and getting into a normal routine. She asked for prayer as they go through this transition of the boys stretching the limits, wanting their own way.

God Bless,
Grandma and Grandpa K.

5 comments:

Darryl & Martha and boys said...

We are so pumped for you guys!! I love reading about your family times together! Not always easy as you are finding out, but still good. We'll continue praying for your boys as they adjust to you! ha ha. Yes, we'll also pray that mommy & daddy will have patience too!

Victoria said...

Sounds like the boys must really be feeling like a family if their stretching the limits already. Keep your spirits up, they are just trying to figure you out and see how much you really love them! I'm sure they are exhausted, and I'll pray that God gives them a little extra patience and endurance, so you might discover more of their culture. I can't imagine the language barrier and how hard that must be to reason with the boys. We'll be praying and can't wait for the next update. Give the boys some hugs and kisses from their favorite auntie and uncle and their nieces and nephews!! We love you guys!

Ray and Jill said...

Sounds like you have two little boys who need their sleep just like their mommy :) I had to get that one in there Cindy. Seriously, we're praying for patience and for knowing when to be firm and when to let things go with the boys - all four of you are going through so much change now, it's unreal! It's a lot of unknowns for all of you, and I pray this time in Africa will be an amazing time for all four of you. We miss you and hope your travels find you safe and eventually bring you back home to Osler - yay!

Victoria said...

Hi auntie Cindy and uncle Brent, this is Danielle. I can't wait until I get to see my first cousins! Sounds like you're having a great time. I'm so excited that my uncle and auntie are bringing home two little black boys! Sorry for moms mistake in her note, she calls us nieces and nephews instead of cousins. I guess she's just over excited about being an auntie! Say hi to the boys for me.May God bless you and your family.I miss you soooo much!LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

Just to warn you guys - we've had some pretty nice weather here in Saskatoon this past week (even I'VE been warm!) so I don't know how much snow we'll have left when the boys get here! Of course as I say that there's probably a big snow storm brewing somewhere getting ready to pay me back for enjoying the springy warmth!
I join the other women who have posted and say I was in tears when I read Mesele's responses to your drivers questions, I am so very excited for you all - I tell everyone who will listen your story, co-workers, customers, cashiers and my family back home. Mom and Dad ask often about the two of you. Looking forward to seeing you sometime after you get back!