Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Picking up the boys...





The next day arrived and going back to the "Foster Home" to get the boys was great. When we saw them this time they were wearing the clothes that we had left for the them the previous day and they were just as excited to see us as we were to see them! We had a bit of an opportunity to meet with Haregewain (the woman at the Foster Home who really is amazing because of what she all does to make these adoptions happen) Haregewain knows these children better than anyone and so it was a very valuable time for us to meet one on one with her to talk about Mesele & Abinet before taking them with us forever! We talked about everything we could think of including eating habits and sleeping habits for each of the boys.
Even though we were taking them from the home that they knew and the people they loved the boys came with us very eagerly...such an answer to prayer! Our van drivers, (more about them later) were a huge asset! They were locals who spoke the language and loved kids. Often one of them would talk to Mesele or Abinet and we would ask him what he had said to the kids... "I just explained to them that you are mommy & daddy and that they are taking you to your new home in Canada" or "This is momy & daddy...what do you think of them?" what did the boys say? we asked, "I love them" was their responce!
Another huge help was that we were a group of 8 families and so when Mesele and Abinet left the Foster Home there were 8 other children that came with...some of them were very close in age and some were infants but all were familiar/friends to our boys.
Our boys seemed to feel pretty comfortable with us and adjust quite quickly to using the potty & new beds! Although sleep time would be something that we would have work on.
Finally, our parenting begins!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just see it already, 5 to 10 years from now... "Aw Mom and Dad, what did you have to post THAT picture for? Come on!"

It was so good to see the four of you in church on Sunday and we're looking forward to having you back at youth when you're ready Brent! It's definately not the same without you there! I'm sure no one would complain if you brought the boys along... ;)

Kelly said...

I am lubbin' my new nephews. They are so full of chocolately goodness, I just want to eat them up. I hope all is well over in Osler and that the boys are sleeping well. I miss them already :(

Ray and Jill said...

I'm not sure what it is about Mesele's smile - but it just makes me smile too.

Anonymous said...

they are beautiful. congrats.

dorinda

Pascal said...

wow wow wow wow wow! I just found your blog guys and I'm totally amazed! I wish the four of you all the best for the upcoming time, it'll be great - for sure!

I'm sending you lovely greetings from Lund in Sweden, please forward them to the entire family ;)

Hope to see you soon,
Pascal

Pascal said...

ok, I finished reading all your blog, and I have to comment twice, since it's so nice :)

My thoughts are with you, God bless you!