Thursday, March 20, 2008

We're Home!! All four of us!




After a long day in Addis Ababa filled with shopping, sight seeing and hanging out, we made our way to the Addis airport March 17 at 7:00pm Ethiopia time to begin our journey home! As expected we had problems, loopholes and trying times for the next while as we made our way home. We knew that the journey home would be difficult but I guess you kinda have to experience it to know for sure. Yup, it was difficult! Finally, March 18th around 11:00pm Osler time we walked into our home! "Home" as Cindy & I knew it anyway. For the boys, it was a whole new adventure just begining! After checking out a few new things like cold weather, parkas, car seats, snow, etc. Mesele & Abinet began to check out their new home! When they finally made it to "their room" they got to see what you have all seen in the first post...a blue room decorated with sesame street and a giant cookie monster! Their eyes lit up with excitement again! Even though a bed that had been calling our names since about March 8th was only a few steps away from us, Cindy & I didn't actually get to sleep until mom & dad came to the rescue around 10:30am the next morning. Cindy & I both slept in complete peace for a few hours! The rest of the day was gone in no time checking out our luggage, going for a walk, eating meals and just hanging out!

I have to apologize for not being able to update this blog while in Ethiopia like I had planned. I heard that blogsites like this are actually blocked in Ethiopia which is why I couldn't access it myself but thank you to those that updated it for us. You did a great job! I would love to continue to add to it now that we are home and post what it was originally intended for....pictures! Our plan is to try our best to set all four of our clocks to Osler time as quickly as we can. We don't mean to be anti social, but adjusting to life in Canada for the boys will take a while, and it is also going to take Brent and I a while to adjust to being parents. We really appreciate all of your prayers and comments that you have left us and we would ask that you please continue to pray for all of us. The language barrier is quite difficult and we need to get our sleeping schedule figured out! Once we think that we are all settled in, we would love to see all our friends, family, co workers again. Please feel free to call! We love you all very much! Thanks for being so patient with us!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Yikes you were up early to post this!!! I am looking forward to seeing you soon! Happy Birthday Abinet!!!!
I LOVE the picture you posted. Brent and Cindy - you both look pretty tired! Your boys are gorgeous, love the hair and huge smiles. WAY cuter than I could have imagined. Can't wait to see them playing with their new cousins.

Victoria said...

Well its so good to know that you are on Canadian soil. We are continuing to pray for you guys, and your journey to settling in has just begun. The picture is beautiful and we look forward to seeing more. Happy birthday to Abinet! I can't wait until he acually understands that and we can have a party!!! (and lots of presents!) We love you all and can't wait to see you soon! Love ya all!

Ray and Jill said...

I love the family picture - what a good looking family :) I hope today goes well (well meaning naps for everyone at some point!). You guys are in our prayers and we can't wait to hang out with you when you're up for it. Happy birthday to you Abinet!

DeAnne said...

Yeah! You made it home! Your boys are absolutely darling. I love the family picture. Know that we will be praying for you as you all adjust to being a family.

Roy said...

Hey - what a beautiful picture - brings tears to my eyes. Happy birthday Abinet! We are keeping you in our prayers and in our phone calls - see you in just a couple of days.
Love you! Dad (I guess that is 'grandpa' to the boys.)

Kelly & Michelle said...

Wonderful to see you all made it home. You are a beautiful family. Happy Birthday Abinet! The girls were very excited to see another picture of thier new cousins. They are praying for you guys right along with us.
We can't wait until we can meet them
Love you all

cjoyunger said...

Beautiful beautiful family! And a happy 2nd birthday to Abinet! Welcome home to all of you and I'm so glad you survived the difficult travels. I hope all four of you recover from jet-lag as soon as possible so that you can begin to settle into your lives as a new family. Awesome to hear Cindy, that your family will be coming to meet the boys in the next while. I'll try to call sometime this weekend before I head back to Alberta, and hope to meet your boys the next time I'm home (sometime in May possibly).

Praise God for your new little family - the picture just looks great, so very natural! (also brought tears to my eyes!)

Blessings,
~ Joy ~