Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One Relaxing Day


On Sunday, our last full day in Ethiopia, some of us decided to spend a relaxing day by the pool at the Sheraton. It was a very strange feeling walking into this hotel because it was like entering a whole new world. We were leaving behind the cows, donkeys, goats, wild dogs, sick, lame and homeless children and a lot of dirt and entering a beautiful paradise. It's hard to believe that this hotel was in Addis. It was HUGE, well taken care of, and all of us got pampered for the day.
All of the kids had a wonderful time playing in the water and enjoying the sunshine. I am not
sure if any of the kids got sunburned, but it was easy to tell that almost all of the parents did! I was burnt from the top of my head right down to my toes and that is not a lie! My feet are almost done peeling and my head is finally finished peeling! I guess I should have put the sun screen on a little bit thicker!














We had so much fun watching the kids all play together, and yet it was a little sad because we knew that pretty soon they would all be seperated and going home with thier new families.
After spending the day at the Sheraton, we all went back to the guest house and thought about starting to pack. Just the thought of packing was tiring, so we decided to go to bed instead!! Before going to bed, we had to get a picture of an Ethiopian sunset. It was so beautiful and Brent and I just enojoyed watching the sun go down. Our time in Addis was coming to a close,

but we were ready to come home to Saskatchewan!

No comments: